Jump to: Registration Rates | Exhibitor/Sponsors | About Austin
ACLEA's 50th Mid-Year Meeting
Hyatt Regency Austin
January 18 - 21, 2014
Learn, Share, Socialize, Network, and Build Professional & Personal Relationships
We encourage you to make plans to join your friends and colleagues for the 50th Annual Meeting of ACLEA in Austin, Texas. This meeting is chock-full of educational opportunities, with a wide range of programming designed to appeal to all CLE professionals.
Please take a few minutes to review the treasure trove of programming and enrichment opportunities available to you — LIVE FROM AUSTIN! Register now and get Amped Up
ACLEA will ROCK you in Austin! Tune in and Plug in to:
- Tell Me More: Telling Stories to Attract and Engage Your Members
- Virtual Magic: Presenting with Excellence Over the Phone/Web
- Top 30 Publishing/Book Apps You Should be Using
- Competition Strategies and Principles
- LMS – (Learning Management Systems)
- Evaluation Process in Law Firms to Increase Performance/Profit/Professionalism
- Maximize Your Market Research to Develop
- Building Interactive Materials with PDFs
- A Taste of Cutting-Edge Technology
- Great Staff Retreats
- Should You have an App for Programs/ Publications?
- The Tablet CLE Professional
- Customer Service: The New Marketing
- Programs – Repurposing Content
- Interactive Online Education
- Professional Education for a New Generation
- Book Talk and Swap
- Engaging New Lawyers
- Telemarketing: A Missed Opportunity
- Beyond the Talking Head – Interactive
- Online Community
- Many more sessions you just can’t miss –
- make plans to attend and get ready to rock!
(On or before December 18, 2013)
(After December 18, 2013)
A dedicated website is now available for booking your hotel rooms at the Hyatt Regency Austin online.
Book Your Rooms Here.
As of 12/13/13
Internet for Lawyers
ViaTech Publishing Solutions
The Sharper Lawyer
Peach New Media
College of Commercial Arbitrators
Periaktos Productions, LLC
The ucc made easy
What makes Austin so special?
AUSTIN: JUST THE FACTS
POPULATION: 1.8 million in the metropolitan area; 820,611 within city limits; 11th largest city in America. It was the third-fastest-growing large city in the nation from 2000 to 2006.
AREA: Austin envelops a 2,705-square-mile metro area; 232 square miles within city limits.
ELEVATION: Elevation varies from 425 feet to approximately 1,000 feet above sea level. One of its highest points, at 780 feet, is Mount Bonnell.
WEATHER: Nearly 300 days of sunshine annually, with an average year-round temperature of around 70°F. 32”annual rainfall.
HISTORY: Founded as "Waterloo” in 1839 by Jacob Harrell, the city was renamed for Texas colonist Stephen F. Austin.
TAXES: 8.25% sales tax; 15% total hotel-motel tax (9% city tax, 6% state sales tax).
COST OF LIVING: In 2011, the median household income was $56,783; median home price was $193,100.
AIRPORT: Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is 7.5 miles from downtown with roughly 270 daily flights and nonstop service to nearly 40 U.S. cities.
HOTEL ROOMS: Austin currently has 6,500 downtown hotel rooms (9,500 by 2015) and 30,000 in the metropolitan area (32,000 by 2015).
STATE CAPITOL: Built from 1882-88 out of "Sunset Red” granite and measuring 302 feet high, the Texas Capitol is 14 feet higher than the nation’s capitol in Washington, D.C. Legislators meet every other year.
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN®: Located just north of downtown, UT is one of America’s largest public universities with more than 50,000 students. Hook ‘em Horns!
FILM CAPITAL: Austin is the top location for moviemaking in Texas, and is home to directors Robert Rodriguez, Mike Judge and Richard Linklater. Recent area productions include The Tree of Life and True Grit.
A LITTLE BATTY: Austin is home to North America’s largest urban bat population, with anywhere from 750,000 to 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats roosting under the Congress Avenue Bridge from April through October.
OUTDOORS: Austin is home to 251 parks, including 360-acre Zilker Park. The Hike & Bike Trail follows the edge of Lady Bird Lake for 10 miles and Barton Springs Pool welcomes swimmers to 68-degree, spring-fed waters year-round.
EAST AUSTIN: The hip, up-and-coming area is home to restaurant row on Manor Road, featuring Mexican cuisine at Vivo, homemade pies at Red House Pizzeria and organic greens at Eastside Café, as well as the ultra hip Progress Coffee and East Side King.
LIVE MUSIC CAPITAL OF THE WORLD®
Live music is can be enjoyed at more than 250 venues throughout Austin. The city is also home to more than 2,000 recording artists including such famed personalities as Willie Nelson, Asleep at the Wheel, Bob Schneider, Ghostland Observatory and more.
Historic Sixth Street, South Congress Avenue, the Warehouse, Second Street, Red River and Rainey Street entertainment districts are among the "hot spots” for listening to live music, dining and taking in the nightlife scene.
AUSTIN CITY LIMITS, the longest running music show on television, spawned the Austin City Limits Music Festival, which takes place each fall and generates an economic impact of around $106 million.
- First year of festival was 2001
- Festival will expand to two weekends for the first time October 2013
SXSW® Music, Film and Interactive Conferences and Festivals is one of Austin’s largest conventions, bringing more than 300,000 professionals and fans from around the world and generating more than $190 million for the city.
Check out what leading publications and research firms are saying about AUSTIN:
- Fodor's names Enchanted Rock State Park as one of the 7 Best Hikes in the US (June 2013)
- Moneyunder30.com ranks Austin the #1 City in America to Be Young, Broke & Single (June 2013)
- The American College of Sport Medicine ranks Austin the 11th Fittest City in America and number 1 fittest city in Texas in their latest American Fitness Index (May 2013)
- Matador Network names Austin #2 best beer town in America (May 2013)
- Bloomberg News ranks Austin #1 on its list of Top 12 American Boomtowns (April 2013)
- Nerdwallet.com ranks Austin 3rd Best City to Start a Business (April 2013)
- Priceline.com ranks Austin #7 on its list of America's Most Pet-Friendly Cities for Travelers (April 2013)
- CQ Press names Austin's crime rate as the fourth lowest in the nation among cities with more than 500,000 people (February 2013)
- Business Insider ranks Austin the 9th most innovative city (February 2013)
- Forbes names Austin America's fastest growing city (January 2013)
- MovieMaker Magazine ranks Austin #1 on its list of "Ten Best Cities in the U.S. to Live, Work, and Make
- Movies (January 2013)
- SizeUp.com ranks Austin a top U.S. city for tech startups (October 2012)
- Forbes names East Austin #7 of America's Best Hipster Neighborhoods (September 2012)
- USA Today names Austin a Top City for Tech Startups (August 2012)
- Forbes ranks Austin among America's Coolest Cities to Live (July 2012)
- Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine ranks Austin #2 best city for young adults (July 2012)
- Travel + Leisure names Austin among America's Best Burger Cities (June 2012)
- The Daily Meal names Franklin Barbecue #15 best restaurant in the country (June 2012)
- Sherman's Travel ranks Austin #1 in Top 10 Cities for BBQ (May 2012)
- BBC.com Travel names Austin as one of the healthiest cities in America (may 2012)
- Austin ranks #1 on Forbes list of America's Fastest Growing Cities (April 2012)
- BBC names Waterloo Records one of the best 5 record shops in the the world (April 2012)
- Conde Nast Traveler readers rank Barton Creek and Hyatt Regency Lost Pines among the Top 25 Southern U.S. Golf Resorts (April 2012)
- Departures.com names Austin A Top Spring Travel Destination (April 2012)
- PayScale Inc. ranks Austin #2 for tech startup jobs (March 2012)
- US News Travel ranks Austin 5th among America's Best BBQ Cities (March 2012)
- Fodor's lists Austin among Top 10 Places to Travel this Spring (February 2012)
- MovieMaker Magazine ranks Austin #2 on its list of Top Cities to be an Independent Moviemaker (February 2012)
- Lucky Magazine names Austin among the 25 best cities for shopping (February 2012)
- Pollstar names Austin City Limits Live at the Moody Theater "Best New Major Concert Venue" (February 2012)
- Orbitz names Austin a travel hotspot in 2012. (January 2012)
- Newsday calls Austin a foodie and family friendly destination. (January 2012)
- Travel + Leisure ranks Austin among the top 3 of America's Techiest Cities. (January 2012)
- MovieMaker Magazine ranks Austin #2 on its list of "Top Cities to be an Independent Moviemaker." ( February 2012)
- Women's Health magazine ranks Austin the 4th healthiest city for women. (January 2012)