As a service to assist our members in their recruiting efforts ACLEA will post career opportunities submitted by members of ACLEA. To place an announcement contact ACLEA at 651-366-6082 or email@example.com.
Senior Staff Attorney
Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Ann Arbor, MI
ICLE seeks a senior staff attorney who will plan and develop interactive educational online modules and live presentations for Michigan lawyers. At least 5 years of law practice experience in civil litigation or transactional business or real estate matters required. Prior teaching experience or instructional design highly desired. This candidate will determine educational objectives for seminars; work with subject matter experts and an internal team to develop live events, webcast presentations; instructional modules, sample exercises, video demonstrations, and test questions to achieve educational objectives. Requirements include licensure for the practice of law in Michigan or another state or Canadian province, demonstrated leadership skills; demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with volunteers and others, excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to manage multiple projects and travel to seminar locations and meetings in Michigan. Some evening and weekend events. Teaching or instructional experience desired. Permanent,full-time position. Salary range, depends on experience and qualifications: $70,000-$95,000. Applicants will be required to
complete a work sample administered by ICLE.
Apply at www.umich.edu/~jobs/ (posting #86447). Send resume and writing sample to Lisa Geherin, Assistant Education Director,
ICLE, 1020 Greene St., Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1444.
The University of Michigan is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Director, CLE Programs
Due to continuing growth, Osgoode PD is seeking a Director for its Continuing Legal Education Programs, which include non-credit live and on-line seminars, conferences, webinars, and certificate programs. Offering over 300 days of live programs per year plus multiple on-line offerings, Osgoode PD is one of Canada’s leading CLE providers.
The Director, CLE Programs is a new senior leadership role within Osgoode PD. Working with a team of Program Lawyers, marketers, finance, media and IT professionals, as well as a strong support staff, you will develop new formats and delivery channels while ensuring timely and high quality content. You will provide overall strategic planning and day-to-day management of the CLE team. Reporting to the Assistant Dean and Executive Director, you will be a key member of the Osgoode PD management team, and will participate in strategic decision-making on degree, technology and international initiatives.
You are a leader with a track record of working with others, internally and externally, to create and deliver thoughtful and practical CLE or other adult education programs. You are creative, have good business judgment and networking skills, and have a breadth of experience in the legal services industry.
EDUCATION AND KEY SKILLS
This position requires a LLB/JD and a minimum of 5 years’ legal practice, together with 5 years’ CLE or other adult education experience. This is a rare opportunity to take your CLE career to the next level, with the power of a successful team and an outstanding and innovative law school behind you.
Location: Downtown Toronto – Yonge & Dundas
For more details visit www.yorku.ca/jobs
Please send your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 15, 2013.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. York University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Professional Development Coordinator
$47,604 - $59,502 (Exempt)
Responsible for developing and producing Continuing Legal Education programs delivered live and by live webcast. Requires management of all aspects of programs from simple to complex details including developing topics and faculty, logistics (space, equipment, food/beverage), faculty management, marketing plans and budgeting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree, preferred in a field related to training or adult education or in related area or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Minimum 2 years meeting planning, on-line distance learning educational programming and/or coordinating experience required
- Adult Learning theory expertise a plus
- Creating and managing budgets, generating reports as needed
- Detail oriented and organized with excellent follow through
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong computer skills, including thorough knowledge of the Internet; demonstrated skill in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Customer service driven with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy along with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Self-starter and can work independently
- Flexible and able to handle and prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands; knows when to seek supervisory assistance
To apply, visit the State Bar of Arizona website careers page at http://www.azbar.org/aboutus/careersatthestatebar.
The State Bar of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Legal Publications Attorney Editor (Tigard, OR) - Oregon State Bar
The Oregon State Bar (OSB) regulates the practice of law in Oregon and provides a variety of services to its members and the public. We are looking for someone to join our dedicated team and provide legal analysis, editing, research, and cite checking services to ensure the quality and legal accuracy of a library of over forty comprehensive legal reference books and complementary products.
This position will start in early October.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Edits chapters submitted by volunteer authors for legal substance, format, grammar, style, and readability.
- Researches and analyzes cited statutes, cases, rules, and other legal authorities for accuracy.
- Researches and analyzes new legislation to determine whether it affects submitted chapters.
- Exercises independent legal judgment and analysis to write or rewrite portions of submitted chapters as needed to achieve clarity or legal accuracy.
- Reorganizes chapter sections or text within sections as needed to achieve a logical flow of thought within the chapters.
- Prepares chapters to return to authors for their final review.
- Works with authors to address editing issues and to ensure that authors return final edits in a timely manner in keeping with the production schedule.
- Reviews and incorporates authors' final edits, any edits from the Editorial Review Board, and edits proposed by outside copyeditor.
- Monitors, documents, and reports to the Director of Legal Publications the progress of assigned chapters and books.
- Assists the Legal Publications Administrative Assistant with the development of promotional brochure content by writing text summarizing topics covered in individual chapters.
- Conducts original legal research as needed.
Candidates may have any satisfactory equivalent combination of the following experience and training which ensures the ability to perform the work.
- Graduation from an accredited law school.
- Membership in a state bar, preferably the Oregon State Bar.
- Three years of editorial experience. Experience with legal publications preferred.
- Experience with legal research, legal writing, editing, copyediting, and proofreading.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite in a Microsoft Windows environment with particular emphasis on Word and Excel.
- Experience using a variety of internet research tools as well as Westlaw.
- Ability to type 40 WPM with accuracy.
- Ability to analyze legal issues and concepts.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise professional demeanor and a high level of customer service for a potentially demanding customer base in a variety of situations.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in keeping with the policies and objectives of the Legal Publications Department and the Oregon State Bar.
- Superior written and excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, interpersonal, and conflict management skills.
- Commitment to the concept of teamwork and cross-responsibility within a department.
- Communication in person, in writing, by e-mail, and by telephone.
- Ability to operate a computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to manipulate data for program purposes and typing.
- Ability to use standard office equipment and computer peripherals.
- Ability to position self for purposes of filing.
- Ability to perform detailed work requiring concentrated effort.
- Ability to read written manuscripts and make edits on a computer.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position and maintain focus for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work in a moderately noisy, open environment.
- Ability to travel, inside and outside Oregon, to meetings and seminars.
The salary range minimum for this position starts at $57K. The OSB offers excellent benefits including voluntary 6% participation in the PERS program.
Send your resume with a cover letter to Christine Kennedy, Director of Human Resources – LP, Oregon State Bar, P.O. Box 231935, Tigard, OR 97281. Fax to 503-598-6985 or e-mail to email@example.com. There is no closing date for applying. We will accept applications until the position is filled.
This position will start in early October.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Director of Continuing Legal & Professional Education (Chicago, IL) - Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
To plan, market, administer and evaluate the conferences, lectures, and seminars at Chicago-Kent College of Law which is located in Downtown Chicago in the West Loop.
- Plan and develop the content, learning objectives, and appropriate systems of delivery utilizing successful adult education strategies and pedagogy, with volunteer planning committees and faculty sponsors, for annual CLE/CPE programming.
- Develop print and electronic marketing materials, and implement marketing strategies for all CLE/CPE activities.
- Prepare and manage operational budgets for each program for approval by the Assistant Dean of Administration, Finance and CLE.
- Manage all financial, registration, and accreditation records; speaker, planning committee, and conference participant correspondence; evaluation, and budget data for all programs.
- Manage staff of two and supervise students on program days who volunteer to help with registration and other administrative needs.
The Director must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. There is extensive interaction with potential conference participants, conference registrants, speakers, planning committee members, faculty, accreditation boards and agencies, university officials and the legal public.
Qualifications/Education and Experience
Must have at least a Bachelor's Degree (JD or Masters in Adult Education preferred); with 2-3 years of university administrative experience preferred. Knowledge of conference design and adult professional education pedagogy. Knowledge of marketing strategies, marketing materials development, and basic legal terminology. Knowledge of business, management, budgeting, volunteerism, and customer service principles and strategies.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume online at: