Welcome to Portland, the “City of Roses”
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
There’s something for everyone!
Are you a nature enthusiast or bringing the family?
Then beauty, tranquility, and adventure are minutes away. Just take the MAX light rail from Downtown Portland and be ready to explore!
Washington Park, which includes:
- International Rose Test Garden: the oldest official continuously operated public rose test garden in the United States with over 10,000 rose bushes of approximately 650 varieties.
- The Oregon Zoo: the oldest zoo west of the Mississippi River and one of the most popular visitor attractions on 64 acres in the West Hills of Portland.
- The Portland Children's Museum is a place where kids can explore, push their limits and learn – there is even an outdoor adventure area on 1.3 acres for kids to enjoy.
- Portland Japanese Garden is a haven of tranquil beauty in all four seasons and is considered one of the most authentic Japanese Gardens outside of Japan.
- The Hoyt Arboretum encompasses 190 ridge top acres, accessible by 12 miles of hiking trails.
If a day hike is of interest to you:
TIP! Plan your trip and know where you are going by referring to this map. For those who prefer not to walk, just hop on the free shuttle.
Travel by boat, Segway, bike or on foot
- Learn about Portland’s history with a scenic jet boat tour by Willamette Jet Boat Excursions
- Book a Segway tour at Portland by Segway It’s the best way to see Portland in all of its “weirdness.”
- Rent a bike at one of Nike’s BIKETOWN stations (look for the orange bikes) and explore the Waterfront Park Trail, Eastbank Esplanade, and the Tilikum Crossing Bridge.
- Discover Portland the green and eco-friendly way (with no hills) at Portland Walking Tours
Are museums and books your thing?
Are you a Foodie or looking for a unique Portland gift?
Get a taste of Portland and find out what all the hype is about by visiting or scheduling a food cart tour:
Or a beer or wine connoisseur?
- You won’t want to miss the 31st Annual Oregon Brewfest at Tom McCall Waterfront Park which is scheduled the same weekend as ACLEA; and across the street from the Marriott Downtown Waterfront.
- BREWVANA Brewery Tours provides the ultimate brewery tour experience
Book a wine tour
And don’t forget to pick up the ultimate Portland souvenir before you head to the airport – a pink box of Voodoo doughnuts from the original location at 22 SW 3rd Avenue!
(Hidden location: Don’t want to deal with waiting in line? A second location at 1501 NE Davis Street is on the way to the airport if you are taking a cab, Uber, or Lyft.)
Register for the Annual Meeting Today!