How to Enter Checklist
Complete the online entry form, available at aclea.org, for the appropriate category and upload the completed entry packet.
Entry packets should include the following:
- Cover sheet listing all the contents of your packet
- 1‐2‐page project description (description for winning entries will posted online) no longer than 500 words, double spaced, noting how the project meets each of the criteria; include concrete factual support that avoids promotional language.
- Supporting materials for the Publications and Marketing Awards may also be submitted in hard copy. When submitting hard copies, please include the complete entry packet and send a copy directly to each member of the appropriate subcommittee.
- Optional: Additional material to help the judges assess your entry (depending on the category and the nature of your project; items may include a course manual, evaluation summaries, audio or video highlights (no more than 15 minutes), URLs, etc.
- Entries are due by deadline on top of entry form (no extensions). Please make sure your entry will arrive well before the deadline.
- Include all items in the “How to Enter Checklist.”
- Completed projects with a release date of the current or prior calendar year are eligible (i.e., for the 2019 awards, a release date of 2018 or 2019. (“Completed” means book has been published, seminar held, etc.)
- Winning projects from previous years may not be resubmitted.
- Each project may be submitted in only one category.
- Each organization may submit only one entry in each category.
- Only ACLEA members are eligible to submit an entry.
- Subcommittees reserve the right to grant no fewer than two awards in any category. A subcommittee may decline to judge a sole entry on its merits and invite the entrant to resubmit the following year.
- Please check all hyperlinks included in your entry to ensure that they are not password protected and link directly to the video or material or podcast, etc.
- NOTE: Maximum file size for submissions is 30MB.
- The categories may overlap. Use some strategy to choose the one to enter. If you are unsure whether a project is appropriate to a category, consult the subcommittee co‐chairs before submitting your entry. If you submit your project in a category for which it is ineligible, you will not have an opportunity to resubmit it in an appropriate category after the deadline.
- Prepare a packet of information that gives a good picture of the nature of the project in as accessible a manner as possible.
- The project description should be written by someone involved in developing the project and specifically address each of the criteria.
- If you are sending a hard copy of supporting materials, use overnight or other expedited delivery for submissions close to the deadline.
- If you don’t receive confirmation that your entry was received, a quick follow up email to the ACLEA office email@example.com to confirm is a good idea.
- While only ACLEA members are eligible to enter, an entry need not have been the personal project of the person submitting it. Awards are given to organizations, not individuals.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.366.6082
Policy on Entries by Organizations with which Awards Committee Members Are Affiliated
Members of awards subcommittees are required to recuse themselves from evaluating entries submitted by their own organizations. Other members of the subcommittee should take special care to be objective when an entry from a colleague organization is being considered. Where appropriate, awards subcommittee members also recuse themselves from considering entries from organizations with which they have been recently associated.