Questions? Contact Jenna Luedtke at JennaL@ewald.com
Speaker Agreement and Disclosure – April 15
Additional AV Requests Due – May 28
Session and Speaker Information Changes Deadline – June 25
Registration Deadline at early bird rate – June 25
Hotel Room Block Cut-Off Date – July 2
Presentation and Handouts Submission Deadline – July 8
Note About COVID-19
We recognize that the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is top of mind for the world right now. The ACLEA Annual Meeting is scheduled for July 25-28 in Vancouver BC. At this point, we are not cancelling the Conference. We will continually monitor the situation as this plays out on a day-to-day basis. We’re doing everything in our power to make the best, most informed decisions for you, our members, our employees and the industry itself. The wellbeing of our members, guests and partners is of paramount importance.
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and local health department updates regarding COVID-19 and following their recommendations on the appropriate health and safety measures. We are working with the Sheraton Wall Centre Vancouver, our event partners, sponsors, exhibitors and attendees and have put into place additional health precautions in line with the guidance of the CDC and WHO.
The Sheraton Wall Centre Vancouver has well-established hygiene standards and daily cleaning procedures for all parts of the hotel to address both general cleanliness and disinfection. In addition, it is their standard practice to provide ongoing guidance to their hotel teams to promote safety and well-being through awareness, training and the use of everyday preventative practices.
Thank you and please let us know if you have any additional questions. We will keep you informed on a regular basis.
Speaker Acceptance/Agreement and Disclosure
- If you plan to attend any portion of the 56th Annual Meeting other than your own presentation, we ask that you please register online and pay the appropriate fees.
- Final registration date
- June 25 – please be sure to register yourself for the conference by this date. Registration available soon!
Hotel Room Block
Our host hotel is the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre. ACLEA has secured a special room rate of $299 CAD + taxes per night for single/double available until July 2, 2020 or until the room block is exhausted, whichever comes first.
Unless special arrangements have been made with ACLEA, speakers are responsible for their own hotel reservations. If special arrangements have been made and you need your room reserved, please contact Jill Tichy at JillT@aclea.org.
Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
1000 Burrard Street | Vancouver BC, V6Z 2R9, Canada
Phone: +1 (604) 331-1000 | Online Reservations
Session and Speaker Changes
- The information that was provided in your CFP is what we will use to market your session. If you have any changes to your session description or presenter information please fill out this form.
- Changes are due by June 25
Tips and Tricks for a Good Presentation
- Limit the amount of information on each slide
- Do not use more than four colors in your presentation
- Avoid red letters, which are difficult for some people to read
- The best readability comes from high contrast of intensity
- Rehearse your presentation prior to the conference
Presentation and Handout Submission
- Presentation and handouts are due July 8
- Please submit your handouts/presentation in PDF format
- You are responsible for providing your own printed handouts. ACLEA will not print onsite.
- Handouts and presentations will be made available to attendees through mobile app/website/email link. Please provide your handouts and presentations by July 8 in order to provide these materials to attendees prior to the conference.
Upload your Presentation and Handouts
Upload handouts and materials here.
When uploading your PowerPoint and handouts, please name your documents in the following format:
- Presentations: Presentation Title_Speaker Names_PPT
- Handouts: Presentation Title_Speaker Names_Handout1
ACLEA will provide the following AV for breakout sessions:
- Slide advancer
- Microphone – if necessary
Speaker will provide:
- Extra USB with presentation loaded on it
- Laptop adaptor to connect to Projector (if a non-HDMI connection is required)
Room Set Up
Conference and Session Information
Description of Audience
- We will have approximately 30 educational sessions during the duration of the conference
- We will have approximately 300 people in attendance
- With members hailing from the U.S., Canada, and abroad, the continuing legal education professionals who attend this meeting include: programming planners, editors, publication staff, executive directors, and other key decision makers from
various state and provincial bars, national bars, local and specialty bars, and independent CLE companies.
Session Length(s) and type(s)
- The conference features plenary sessions and sets of 4 workshop tracks per session
- Sessions will generally be about an hour in length with about 40 minutes of presentation and about 10 minutes for Q&A at the end
- Please arrive at least 15-20 minutes prior to your presentation so we can get you set up and make sure you have what you need in your session room.
Evaluation results should be available to you by end of August.
Post Conference Presentation and Handout Updates
Please submit your updated presentations and handouts here.