Questions? Contact Jenna Luedtke at JennaL@aclea.org
Speaker Agreement and Disclosure – June 30
Presentation Slides, Handouts, and Recording Submission Deadline – July 8
Speaker Acceptance/Agreement and Disclosure
- Speakers can attend the whole day on which their session is scheduled for free. If you would like to attend both days, please let Jenna Luedtke at JennaL@aclea.org know by July 8.
Presentation and Handout Submission
- Presentation and handouts are due July 8
- Please submit your handouts/presentation in PDF format
- Handouts and presentations will be made available to attendees through our virtual conference platform. Please provide your handouts and presentations
by July 8 in order to provide these materials to attendees prior to the conference.
Upload your Presentation and Handouts
Upload handouts and materials here.
When uploading your PowerPoint and handouts, please name your documents in the following format:
To see video submission specs and instructions, please go to the "Recording and Presenting Virtually" tab and look under "Recording Your Session"
- Presentations: Presentation Title_Speaker Names_PPT
- Handouts: Presentation Title_Speaker Names_Handout1
Conference and Session Information
Description of Audience
- We will have approximately 16 educational sessions during the duration of the conference
- With members hailing from the U.S., Canada, and abroad, the continuing legal education professionals who attend this meeting include: programming planners, editors, publication staff, executive directors, and other key decision makers from
various state and provincial bars, national bars, local and specialty bars, and independent CLE companies.
Session Length(s) and type(s)
- The conference features plenary sessions and sets of 3 workshop tracks per session
- Sessions will generally be about 50 minutes in length. Q&A will take place in the live chat during the playback of the recorded session.
- Please log in 15-20 minutes prior to your presentationto make sure you have what you need.
Recording and Presenting Virtually
Recording Your Session
- If you indicated that you would like ACLEA to record your session, you will be contacted by a member of our team to schedule a time to record your presentation.
- If you indicated that you could record your session on your own, please submit your recording HERE by
- Please make sure your video is in a .mov or .mp4 format, is 720p or 1080p, and has a resolution of 1920x1080 (or 1080x1920 for vertical videos).
- The maximum acceptable file size is 30MB
Virtual Presentation Tips
- Limit the amount of information on each slide
- Do not use more than four colors in your presentation.
- Avoid red letters, which are difficult for some people to read. The best readability comes from high contrast of intensity.
- Rehearse your presentation prior to recording
- Set up your webcam at eye-height. Facing the camera face-on creates the best connection with your audience. Look at the camera while you’re talking and not the screen.
- Be mindful of the background. Try to sit in front of a nice looking background without clutter, distractions, or embarrassing items.
- Make sure there is plenty of light in the room. Do not put the light behind, above, or below you to avoid shadows in the face.
- Avoid being in front of windows.
- Use a microphone or a headset rather than relying on the computer to capture the sound.
- Speak clearly and turn off anything that makes loud noises in the room.
Accessing the Conference
Evaluation results should be available to you by end of August.
On Demand Recordings
Session recordings will be available to members for up to 3 year post-conference. Please check back post-conference for the link.