Questions? Contact Jenna Luedtke at JennaL@ewald.com
Speaker Agreement and Professional Bio Due – November 26, 2019
Registration Deadline – December 13, 2019
AV Requests, Session and Speaker Information Changes Deadline – December 13, 2019
Presentation and Handouts Submissions Due – December 18, 2019
Hotel Room Block Cut-Off Date – January 9, 2020
Before the Conference
Speaker Acceptance/Agreement and Disclosure
- If you plan to attend any portion of the 56th Mid-Year Meeting other than your own presentation, we ask that you please register online and pay the appropriate fees.
- Final registration date
- December 13 – please be sure to register yourself for the conference by this date
Hotel Room Block
- Please find hotel and lodging information here. Unless special arrangements have been made with ACLEA, speakers are responsible for their own hotel reservations. If special arrangements have been made and you need your room reserved, please contact Jill Tichy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Session and Speaker Changes
- The information that was provided in your CFP is what we will use to market your session. If you have any changes to your session description or presenter information please fill out this form.
- Changes are due by December 13
Tips and Tricks for a Good Presentation
- Limit the amount of information on each slide
- Do not use more than four colors in your presentation
- Avoid red letters, which are difficult for some people to read
- The best readability comes from high contrast of intensity
- Rehearse your presentation prior to the conference
Presentation and Handout Submission
- Presentation and handouts are due December 18
- Please submit your handouts/presentation in PDF format
- You are responsible for providing your own printed handouts. ACLEA will not print onsite.
- Handouts and presentations will be made available to attendees through mobile app/website/email link. Please provide your handouts and presentations by December 18 in order to provide these materials to attendees prior to the conference.
Upload your Presentation and Handouts
Upload handouts and materials here.
When uploading your PowerPoint and handouts, please name your documents in the following format:
- Presentations: Presentation Title_Speaker Names_PPT
- Handouts: Presentation Title_Speaker Names_Handout1
ACLEA will provide the following AV for breakout sessions:
- Slide advancer
- Microphone – if necessary
Speaker will provide:
- Extra USB with presentation loaded on it
- Laptop adaptor to connect to Projector
Room Set Up
Conference and Session Information
Description of Audience
- We will have approximately 28 educational sessions during the duration of the conference
- We will have approximately 150 people in attendance
- With members hailing from the U.S., Canada, and abroad, the continuing legal education professionals who attend this meeting include: programming planners, editors, publication staff, executive directors, and other key decision makers from various state and provincial bars, national bars, local and specialty bars, and independent CLE companies.
Session Length(s) and type(s)
- The conference features plenary sessions and sets of 3 workshop tracks per session
- Sessions will generally be about an hour in length with about 40 minutes of presentation and about 10 minutes for Q&A at the end
- Please arrive at least 15-20 minutes prior to your presentation so we can get you set up and make sure you have what you need in the room you present in
Evaluation results should be available to you by end of February, 2020
Post Conference Presentation and Handout Updates
Please submit your updated presentations and handouts here.